Tuesday, May 22, 2018

Citizenship Paper - Class Recap

Please Note: I was out of class again at a district training I did not know about until last Thursday, so here is what I wanted to have happen in class. Remember that your Judicial Branch test will be on Thursday!


I was not at school on Friday due to tennis, and today, due to a training! I am so sorry! Photo taken in 2011.

Dear class,

Today we worked on a one day assignment on citizenship (what it is, how you get it, responsibilities of a citizen, and the naturalization process). Here's what happened today in class:

Learning Targets Addressed:
Knowledge LT 1: I can demonstrate an understanding of the interplay between citizens and their governments.

AGENDA 5/22/18:
News Brief – Brady
Finish 12 Angry Men
Citizenship Paper
Work Time

Homework: Read the blog. Finish citizenship paper if you did not in class! Next news brief: assigned in class.

News Brief: Brady had the news brief today and hopefully selected an interesting story to talk about.

The next assigned student has the next news brief.

Finish 12 Angry Men: There was a little bit left in this film, so the class finished it and the questions, then turned in the questions to the guest teacher, who will give them to me. I hope everyone enjoyed this!

Citizenship Paper: This is meant as a short assignment, just so be able to demonstrate proficiency again with LT 1 and the Research target. Here's the assignment (also linked to on Google Classroom), due at the start of next class:


Again, I am just looking to see that you can identify and explain the basics of rights and responsibilities as a United States citizen. Thank you for your hard work on this!

Work Time: The rest of class was spent working on the citizenship paper. If you did not finish this today in class, it is homework. Get it in to me as soon as you can by uploading it to Google Classroom. Thank you! Please 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please enter your comment. I will review the comments before posting them to the blog, so do not worry if yours does not pop up right away. Remember, do your best with spelling and grammar! :-)