Wednesday, January 4, 2017

Citizenship Paper - Class Recap


I hope everyone had a great Winter Break! In 2015, I started by watching Oregon win the Rose Bowl, in Pasadena, California, with my mom and brother!

Welcome back, everyone!

It was really great to see you all today in class. I'm thankful that I have a job that I am so excited to come back to after Winter Break, to see everyone! Here's what happened in class today:

Learning Targets Addressed:
Knowledge LT 1: I can demonstrate an understanding of the interplay between citizens and their governments.
Knowledge LT 5: I can demonstrate an understanding of the principles, structures, and functions of different levels of U.S. government.
Research LT 5: I can effectively conduct and apply research. 

Soundtrack: "Welcome Back" by Ma$e. Selected for obvious reasons. Lyrics here.

AGENDA 1/4/17:
News Brief – Willie
Review Winter Break
Class Feedback
Citizenship Paper

Homework: Read the blog. Turn in your citizenship paper if you did not in class on Google Classroom! Next news brief: Marco.

News Brief: Willie had the news brief today and talked about this recent story: NYTimes.com - Ford, Criticized by Trump, Cancels Plans to Build Mexican Plant. We then had a humorous (to say the least) check in about how Winter Break went. It was great to check in and hear what everyone was up to!

Class Feedback: I always enjoy asking my classes about how things are going, both with the class and with my teaching. I will review the anonymous feedback you gave and go over it with the class soon.

Citizenship Paper: This is meant as a short assignment, just so be able to demonstrate proficiency again with LT 1. Here's the assignment (which is due as homework if you did not finish in class):


Again, I am just looking to see that you can identify and explain the basics of rights and responsibilities as a United States citizen. We will move on to looking in depth at State and Local government next class. Thank you!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please enter your comment. I will review the comments before posting them to the blog, so do not worry if yours does not pop up right away. Remember, do your best with spelling and grammar! :-)