Friday, December 15, 2017

Citizenship Paper - Class Recap


Last night, I was at the Jay-Z concert here in Portland. Imagine my delight when he performed "99 Problems" with lyrics on the screens? I definitely had to take a picture for my Government class!

Hello again, everyone!

It was really great to see you all today in class. Here's what happened in class today:

Learning Targets Addressed:
Knowledge LT 1: I can demonstrate an understanding of the interplay between citizens and their governments.
Knowledge LT 5: I can demonstrate an understanding of the principles, structures, and functions of different levels of U.S. government.
Research LT 5: I can effectively conduct and apply research. 

Soundtrack: "We Belong Together" by Mariah Carey. Selected for today because of the aspects of citizenship that bring us together. Lyrics here.

AGENDA 12/15/17:
News Brief – CJ
Review Class Feedback
Citizenship Paper

Homework: Read the blog. Turn in your citizenship paper if you did not in class on Google Classroom! Next news brief: Trinity.

News Brief: CJ had the news brief today, but was absent from class, so I filled in and talked about this recent story: NYTimes.com - F.C.C. Repeals Net Neutrality Rules. Thanks for the comments, insight, and questions here! We then had a check in about what we were up to outside of class. I am off to St. Louis this weekend!

Class Feedback: I always enjoy asking my classes about how things are going, both with the class and with my teaching. Here is the PowerPoint with the results of the feedback from last class:


Thank you for your input here! It is good to see what is going well and what perhaps could be improved on with about a month of classes left in the semester.

Citizenship Paper: This is meant as a short assignment, just so be able to demonstrate proficiency again with LT 1. Here's the assignment (which is due as homework if you did not finish in class):


Again, I am just looking to see that you can identify and explain the basics of rights and responsibilities as a United States citizen. See you next week! Thank you!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please enter your comment. I will review the comments before posting them to the blog, so do not worry if yours does not pop up right away. Remember, do your best with spelling and grammar! :-)